Description and Features
This review is for one lock, which is TSA Approved and has a 3-digital padlock3-digital padlock making it suitable for use with luggage and suitcases.
Comes in Different Colour
The lock are sold in various colours – black, pink, blue, purple, lime, green, orange and grey.
However, the seller has stated that the colour of the lock sold is random and the buyer is unable to choose the colour they like. Therefore, it is potluck whether you get a colour, which matches your suitcase.
The 3-Digit Combination Lock
The lock comes originally set at 0-0-0.
You can set the lock to any number you want and reset the lock at anytime.
To set your own combination, see the following notes.
Size and Weight of Lock
This is an average size lock suitable for securing luggage. It is not a tiny padlock.
The Size: 6.2cm/2.4” (L) x 3.0cm/1.2” (W) x 1.2cm/0.5” (H)
Model Code is VS-TSAC001
A TSA Approved Lock
A lock recognised by the TSA, which is the American Transport Security Administration. Therefore, by using these locks it enables the customs to open and close your bags without cutting the lock. Airport screeners have a master key, which means they can unlock the case, inspect the contents and relock the case without damaging the lock.
What I like about the TSA 3-Digital Locks
- The locks arrive quickly.
- Cannot beat them for price.
- Quite robust even when dropped on a tilted floor it did not scratch.
- Appear to work fine even after several trips. However not so sure of durability after many trips.
What I dislike about the TSA 3-Digital Locks
- Appear a bit flimsy in construction but they are secure.
- Cannot choose the colour you would like. Customers have said they would have liked a different colour to the one despatched.
- There is still the possibly even when using a TSA lock that this may be cut off when going through USA customs.
- Can be a bit awkward to set up and the instructions are unclear
- There were some complaints that it was difficult to set the combination even after following the instructions.
- Some customers have complained that even when following the instructions the locks would not open after setting the combination. In addition, that the lock was faulty and that it would not lock even after trying out several different combinations.
- Other customers complained that the locks did not work at all even on first use. However, it was not worth returning because they were so cheap.
Summary of the Review
I would not personally recommend this lock. It is cheap but some customers have complained about the quality of the lock and it does not always work. In addition, they did not like that they could not choose the colour of the lock. Finally, I also prefer the 4-digital combination lock for extra security. You can check out the 3-digital lock at Amazon.