The Hoppa shopping trolley bag is ideal for your trips to the shops and local supermarket. It is lightweight and easily manoeuvrable. The capacity is 47 litres, which is equivalent to approximately 4 to 5 plastic carrier bags. At the price sold it is good value for money.
Saves having to buy plastic bags at 5 pence a time. Now that from 1st October it is government policy to charge at the supermarket for each plastic bag. To help save the environment.
Height of Handle
The handle is about 37 inches high off the ground. The top of the handle is about waist height. Comfortable easy to grip handle. The height is ideal if you are around 5 foot 6 inches. The handle is not adjustable; you may find it a bit low if you are round 6-foot tall.
Hooking it on the handles of the shopping trolley
You can hook it onto the handle of the shopping trolley but it does tend to sway as you are pushing the trolley and get in the way of your legs. It is best really just to use the large supermarket trolley when you are shopping and just lay it at on one side of the trolley.
How do you close the bag?
There is a pull cord threaded through the neck of the bag, which you close, before you fastening down the flap.
How much weight will it carry?
It will carry many heavy items such as cans and bottles. The volume capacity is 47 litres. It will carry approximately the equivalent of five carrier bags of shopping. You probably cannot get a large weekly shop in it but will fit a small weekly shop. If designed for a large shop, it would probably be to heave to pull. There is a double hook on the back, to carry a couple of additional carrier bags.
Construct of the Bag
Made from waterproof polyester microfibre. The fabric is quite thick, sort of padded material so will not rip easily. Inside it has an inner zipped pocket, used to store items like a purse. The bag will keep your grocery items dry from the rain. Washable with a damp cloth.
Easy to assemble you just have to push the wheels on. You need to make sure the wheels properly fasten properly by listening out for a click. For easy storage, it folds down flat when not in use, the wheels remove, and the base folds up to lie flat. Easy to store in your car or at home in a cupboard, or hung up behind a door. When using the car for shopping you can lay the bag flat in the boot or stand upright on the floor in front of one of the rear passenger seats. The wheels run smoothly and quietly. Stands up straight well.
If you have Health issues
These trolley bags are good if you suffer from conditions like osteoarthritis, where carrying heavy plastic bags can hurt your hands. Good if you are unable to lift heavy items because of your health conditions.
Pros of the Hoppa Shopping Trolley Bag
- You can use it for all sorts of purposes – shopping, going to the beach, antique fairs, car boots and going to festivals
- Easy to travel with one on the bus, as most buses have low platforms so you can just wheel them on. Encourages you to walk and not use the car
- Good value for money
- Large choice of colours
- Sturdy wheels made of rubber which move easily and smoothly over bumpy pavements
- Good quality fabric
- Lightweight and manoeuvrable
- Comfortable handle
- Looks stylish
- Well balanced when used
- Easy grab handle
- One-year guarantee, any problems with the Hoppa bag the manufacturer will replace
- Wheels detach makes for easy cleaning
Cons of the Hoppa Shopping Trolley Bag
- Does not have a pouch to keep your umbrella.
- The closure flap does not have Velcro and water can sometimes leak through the drawstring hole. A Velcro strip or some means of fastening the flap would solve this problem
- The wheels can sometimes break
- Because it sometimes comes with has white wheels, these seem to scuff easily
- Can be a little difficult to retrieve items from the zipped pocket
- The manufacturer has not attached the bottom of the bag to the frame of the trolley so it can slide a bit.
- The handle is not adjustable so if you are 6 foot it can be a little short.
Large 47 Litre Bag
Easy grip pull handle.
Stands vertical when at rest