Description and Features
This is a review of the Duronic LS1008 digital Luggage, Bag and Suitcase Scales. Also included are a strap and battery in the package.
The colour of the scales is White.
You can get an accurate weight of your luggage before you go to airport and fly with these scales. There is no need to worry anymore about excess luggage fees.
The scales are user friendly. They have comfortable grips to hold. The digital display is located on the top of the scales. Therefore, you do not have to bend or hold the scales up to see the weight.
These are compact and easy to use scales.
The scales will measure in both kilograms, pounds and stones. It measures in increments of, 0.1 gram, or 0.1 pound. To change the units of measurement press the function indicator at the top of the scales. Press until four eights appear on the indicator then press again and you will be able to select the required unit of measurement.
They are good quality scales that can accurately weigh bags and suitcases up to 50kg.
Included in the package is a CR2032 battery. The battery cover is easy to remove, as there are no screws.
On/off switch, so you can switch the scales off when not in use
The luggage strap is woven nylon and a metal clip. This makes it strong and hardwearing.
The most important factor is whether the scales measure accurately or not. These scales weighed the same luggage consistently as the same weight unlike some scales, which can be inconsistent. I also checked out the weight by standing on the scales with the bag and then subtracting my weight. The weight was only fractionally different.
To weigh luggage fasten the strap around the centre of the suitcase. Lift the luggage smoothly and hold steady while the scales are calculating the correct weight.
The weight reading remains on the scales once you here the beep. Which means the scales have found the correct weight. It remains until you press the power button when it resets to zero.
What I like about the Duronic Luggage Scales
- The scales are light and compact so easy to store in your suitcase without affecting your luggage allowance.
- The weight corresponds accurately to that weighed at the airport.
- Use to avoid having to pay excess luggage fees at the airport.
- Comfortable to hold because of the curved handle and so can grip with the whole hand.
- The weight shows at the top of the scales so you do not have to bend down or lift the luggage up to reads the weight.
- The weight remains showing on the scales when you have put the luggage back on the floor.
- There is a strong strap to fit around your luggage when weighing. Not a hook, which means the baggage often, slips off the hook.
What I dislike about the Duronic Luggage Scales
- The same suitcase can weigh slightly differently according to how you pick it up. Therefore, if you are close to the baggage limit you need to be careful.
- The beep to tell you to remove the luggage is very faint.
- The handle would be better being the dame width on each side of the lifting strap so it has more comfortable to lift with both hands.
- The weighing units are in small print and difficult to read. The display could do with improving, possibly by backlighting it.
- It is a bit fiddly to change the weight unit between kilograms and pounds.
- You need to ensure that the luggage weighed is places at the centre of the strap to ensure an accurate reading.
- The batteries do not last long. So always, switch off after use.
Summary of the Review
I recommend these scales as a good buy. They are lightweight and reasonably accurate. You can carry them in your luggage if you want. You can check out the Duronic Luggage Scales at Amazon.
Boxed-product Weight: 200 g
Item model number: LS1008 /W